The core values that guide the Arlington family are that we seek to be...
1) Christ Centered - we will live keeping our eyes on Jesus and pointing people to Him.
2) Biblically Based - since the Scripture is the inspired, inerrant, and infallible Word of God, then we must submit ourselves to its authority and sufficiency in everything we do.
3) Service Driven - we will serve our community and the Arlington family putting others first and seeking to meet the needs of people in all walks of life.
4) Family Friendly - we want to open our arms and our hearts to the families in our community as we seek to pass (teach and model) the truth to our children and the next generation.
5) Missions Minded - we want to be faithful to support the work of the Great Commission through continually doing the work of missions and supporting those who do the same around the world.
6) Outreach Oriented - we believe that the gospel message is one of urgency. People must know the truth (He is the only way...) and we have commited to sharing this truth any way that we can.
The people of Arlington have affirmed the following as our foundational beliefs that guide us in our walk and ministry with Christ! We are a Southern Baptist affiliated church while we maintain our autonomy in all matters of faith and conviction.
WE BELIEVE that the entire Bible, word for word, was supernaturally verbally inspired by God. Though penned down by Holy men of God, God “breathed” the text in such a way that it is infallible and inerrant. The Bible is the complete, authoritative Word of God in all areas.
WE BELIEVE in one God who exists in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. The three members of the Trinity are in perfect unity, but distinct in person, personality, and purpose.
WE BELIEVE that the Lord Jesus Christ is the second person of the trinity and the eternally and only begotten Son of God the Father. He was miraculously conceived by the Holy Spirit and born to the Virgin Mary. He is perfect and complete man and perfect and complete God.
WE BELIEVE that the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity, proceeding from God the Father and God the Son, and He is equal to them in deity. He indwells, sanctifies, teaches, encourages, and comforts all believers. He also convicts of sin, compels righteousness, and restrains Satan.
WE BELIEVE salvation comes only from God the Father and through His Son Jesus Christ. A person is saved only through repentance of sin and acceptance of Jesus Christ through faith. The one who “believes on” the Lord Jesus by grace through faith is declared righteous, born again, and is eternally assured of heaven.
WE BELIEVE baptism, by immersion, is one of two ordinances of the local church and is symbolic of death to sin, burial with Christ, and resurrection to new life in Christ.
WE BELIEVE any person who by “grace through faith” believes on the Lord Jesus Christ receives immediate and everlasting salvation.
WE BELIEVE the church is a local, independent, and autonomous assembly of believers organized and commanded under the authority of God’s Word and the Lordship of Christ. Its mission is to evangelize, to teach, and to administer the two ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
WE BELIEVE that each believer individually and each church corporately is commanded to go and evangelize in their homes, states, countries, and the world.
WE BELIEVE Marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a lifetime.